Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Lovely Little Valentine

This year I just wasn't all that into Valentine's Day like I usually am.  All I did was put up one banner when I usually decorate, cook a special meal, and bake.  It could be that Cindy's party was so close to today.  I would say it has more to do with the fact that the love of my life is across the world.  Sigh....  I miss him so much!

I woke up and made the decision not to be a Debbie Downer.  He did send me such wonderful gifts and we do have next year to look forward to.  So since he couldn't be here, I had my other Valentine to keep me company.

We spent the lay lounging around, we dressed up in our pink, and I took her to do her favorite thing.... go to the park [we did mine afterwards, shopping].  Thankfully it was such a pretty day outside that we got to stay for awhile.  The older she gets, the more I see her fearless personality.  She would walk right up to the slide and try to go down without me!!
I spent most of the time chasing after her since she refused to hold my hand or let me guide her.  Guess she thinks she is such a big girl now that she is one!

And she couldn't get enough of walking up and down the steps.  Over and over and over.  

I didn't mind though because it was just nice to be with her.  I can't help but be be thankful to have a loving husband and daughter even though the three of us can't be together.
So from us to you... 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day to both of you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy looks adorable! and like you said, there is always next year :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email so I can repsond to your comment.